Embedded Systems Engineer: Sensors Module
Team: Balloon Project
Working Hours: 11am to 4.30pm Saturdays
Location: Electical Engineering Building (G17) 216
Minimum Commitment: 12 Months
Want to take your embedded skills to new heights? BLUEsat Balloon Project is recruiting an electrical or software engineering student (or related degree) with experience in embedded design and Arduino programming to help develop and maintain our sensors suite – a collection of tools that will provide real-time insights into the conditions of near-space!
This NATO backed project is the perfect place to show off your awesome skills, and will make you highly sought after by employers. If accepted, you will have immediate impact in delivering crucial telemetry information during our real-world balloon missions. Your knowledge will be put to practical use to create something that you can be proud of.
You will be responsible for programming the various controllers on the balloon to interface with the appropriate sensors.
• Good experience with Arduino programming
• An ability to read datasheets
• Good documentation skills
• Experience in version control
• Knowledge or experience in PCB design
• An availability of least 10h+ a week
• An opportunity to work on a NATO funded research project.
• Access to networking events with the space industry.
• An opportunity to practise and develop your software engineering skills.
• Access to a community of like-minded people passionate about space.
• Be recognised by future employers for your technical and soft skills.