Software Standard Recruit – QA Tester
Working Hours: 11am to 4.30pm Saturdays
Location: Electical Engineering Building (G17) 216
Minimum Commitment: 12 Months
Want to take your software skills to new heights? BLUEsat Balloon Project is recruiting a software engineering student (or related degree) with good experience in Linux and Python to help put together an automated testbed for the balloon payload platform we are currently developing.
This NATO backed project is the perfect place to show off your awesome skills, and will make you highly sought after by employers. If accepted, you will have immediate impact in improving the quality of our balloon systems for near space-grade missions. Your knowledge will be put to practical use to create something that you can be proud of.
To find and correct errors in, and to ensure the quality of software on the Balloon Project.
• Good experience with Linux
• Good experience with Python
• Hands-on with connecting equipment together
• Good analytical ability & documentation skills
• Experience in version control
• Prior QA (quality assurance) experience
• An availability of least 10h+ a week
• An opportunity to work on a NATO-funded research project
• Access to networking events with the space industry
• An opportunity to practise and develop your software engineering skills
• Access to a community of like-minded people passionate about space
• Be recognised by future employers for your technical and soft skills