Team: Cubesat Project
Working Hours: 11am to 4.30pm Saturdays
Location: Electical Engineering Building (G17) 120
Minimum Commitment: 12 Months
We are looking for keen electrical, mechatronics or computer engineering students who have a passion for hardware design. If accepted, you will be responsible for designing the various electrical circuits which will go into one of our projects (be that the upper atmosphere, space or any other frontier that our projects will want to pursue). Along the way, we will support you in your personal development and at the end of it all, you will have a few circuit boards that you can be proud of.
The Cubesat Project aims to design and launch a Cubesat into space, with the aim of delivering a meaningful payload which adds value to the community in the form of scientific research.
You will be responsible for researching, designing and testing circuits critical to the running of a Cubesat.
• Arduino (or equivalent embedded C experience).
• Breadboard and Basic Circuit Theory (equivalent to ELEC1111).
• Experience with multimeters and oscilloscopes.
• Strong research and documentation skills.
• Embedded Systems
• PCB Design
• RF Knowledge
• Power Electronics
• C++ Experience
• Access to networking events with the space industry.
• An opportunity to practise and develop your software engineering skills.
• Access to a community of like-minded people passionate about space.
• Be recognised by future employers for your technical and soft skills.
• Gain practical and demonstrable leadership experience.