Radio Engineer: Mechanical/Electrical
Team: Groundstation Team
Working Hours: 11am to 4.30pm Saturdays
Location: Electical Engineering Building (G17) 216
Minimum Commitment: 12 Months
Want to take your skills to new heights? BLUEsat is looking for an electrical, mechanical or mechatronics engineering student to join our Groundstation team. This role will see you design and maintain our the mechanical aspects of our RF equipment, which is needed to establish and maintain communications with our aerial or space based vehicles.
Groundstation is a multidisciplinary team responsible for tracking and communicating with an aerial or space based vehicle. It is currently working in tandem with the Balloon Project on their NATO backed project.
You will be responsible for the maintenance, upgrade, installation and operation of the rooftop installation of the amateur radio infrastructure. This includes work with antennas (installation and manufacture), rotators (installation) and equipment enclosures.
• Experience with CAD.
• Basic manufacturing experience.
• Interested in making custom amateur radio equipment – primarily antennas
• Access to networking events with the space industry.
• An opportunity to practise and develop your software engineering skills.
• Access to a community of like-minded people passionate about space.
• Be recognised by future employers for your technical and soft skills.