Radio Engineer: Electrical
Team: Groundstation Team
Working Hours: 11am to 4.30pm Saturdays
Location: Electical Engineering Building (G17) 216
Minimum Commitment: 12 Months
Want to take your skills to new heights? BLUEsat is looking for a student with experience in amateur radio to join our Groundstation team. This role will see you design and maintain our RF equipment needed to establish and maintain communications with our aerial or space based vehicles.
Groundstation is a multidisciplinary team responsible for tracking and communicating with an aerial or space based vehicle. It is currently working in tandem with the Balloon Project to their NATO backed project.
You will be responsible for writing, maintaining and testing the software which interfaces with, controls and reports data from our groundstation.
• Able to read and work with electrical (and ideally RF) circuits to perform equipment assembly and maintenance.
• Basic Linux, basic Python and basic Arduino.
• Interested in making custom amateur radio equipment – primarily antennas
• Access to networking events with the space industry.
• An opportunity to practise and develop your software engineering skills.
• Access to a community of like-minded people passionate about space.
• Be recognised by future employers for your technical and soft skills.